Trazos

by - February 05, 2019


Trazos is a Chilean Graphic Novel by illustrator Fernanda Frick. This is her first Graphic Novel, and I just have to say that I loved it. The story is about Simona, a former artist that now works in a bar after her career is destroyed by a fiasco in a gallery event. In this story, we will see how Simona finds her passion for art again.


The illustrations are lovely. You can see a picture of how the inside looks here. As you can see in the cover, the protagonist, Simona, is a cat. I thought this was really good because it adds a unique spark to the story. The whole novel is in black and white, and although I would have preferred some illustrations in color, this doesn't affect the story at all. 

The story itself is what makes this book shine. I just found it so compelling and sweet, I couldn't put this book down. I really cared about Simona, and although I'm not an artist (unless blogging is considered an art), I was able to put myself in her shoes. The end of the story was perfect, and the last illustration almost made me cry. 

I really recommend you to read this! Sadly, it is only in Spanish. If you are curious, you can find more about Fernanda Frick here.

You May Also Like

7 comments