What I've been up to

by - July 11, 2019


I know I haven't updated the blog since February, but I had a heavy workload this semester and I just didn't have much time to read. For those of you who don't know me, I study English Literature and Linguistics, which involves reading a lot. At the end of the day, I just didn't have time or motivation to continue reading. Nevertheless, I managed to read one book and I'm currently reading others. I also bought some more books to read over winter break, and I'll list those too. 

What I read

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
With the hype for the last season (and the disappointment that came after that), I just got in the mood to read the books again. About seven years ago I started reading the books of A Song of Ice and Fire, but I only managed to read the first two. Now I plan to read the entire saga and just hope that Martin publishes the last books.






What I am reading

Selected Poems and Prose by Percy Shelley (4%)
I read Percy Shelley's works for the first time this semester, for a literary theory class. We read A Defence of Poetry and Ozymandias, and I really liked both so I decided to read this book which contains Shelley's most important works. So far I'm about 4% done, and I already have a ton of highlights. My favorite one is;

To see this awful pomp of death
For one frail mass of mouldering clay
When nobler men the tomb beneath
Have sunk unwept, unseen away

The Prose Edda by Snorri Sturluson (12%)
The Prose Edda is one of the key texts you have to read when studying Norse mythology. I found it browsing M.A. in medieval literature, and since I always have been interested in Norse mythology, I decided to give it a try. I'm about 12% in, and so far I've liked it but it reads more like a history textbook than anything else. It is still fun to read though.






Isolation by bex-chan (71%)
I love, love Harry Potter fanfiction. Nowadays I don't read it that much, but I still enjoy some good Dramione from time to time. And this is a long one. The ebook has little over a thousand page. Yes, a thousand pages. I usually don't count fanfiction in my reading goal, but you bet I am counting this one. I started reading this in Spanish years ago but the translation was quite meh. Now that my level of English is better, I am reading it in English and it is so much better. Really, this is one of the best Dramiones that I ever read. 




What I plan to read next

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
I plan to continue with this saga, so the next step is to read A Clash of Kings. As I said, I already read it like seven years ago, but I remember almost nothing. Also, the last time I read this it was in Spanish, and I'm enjoying it a lot more in English.







The Gating Game by Sally Thorne
Sally Thorne released a book this summer, and everyone was saying how it was good but not as good as The Hating Game which was so much better. I really don't know what it is about, but it seemed like a light read so I'll give it a try when I'm too overwhelmed by the many characters and locations of A Clash of Kings. 


You May Also Like

6 comments