What am I reading?

by - January 24, 2019


Today I am going to show you what I have been reading these last few days. I can't read one book only, so I read several at the same time. These are the ones I've been reading.

TRULY DEVIOUS by MAUREEN JOHNSON

This book is supposed to be a YA thriller, or so I thought. There was some suspense at the beginning, but now it has almost none. It's about a group of kids going to some fancy private school, and it is describing thoroughly how they were welcomed, the classmates they had, how they are going to arrange their rooms, and so forth. I have read about 30% of the book and so far I'm finding it rather meh. I thought it would be a page-turner from the beginning but it really is not. I really hope it gets better. 
SYNOPSIS
Ellingham Academy is a famous private school in Vermont for the brightest thinkers, inventors, and artists. It was founded by Albert Ellingham, an early twentieth century tycoon, who wanted to make a wonderful place full of riddles, twisting pathways, and gardens. "A place" he said, "where learning is a game."
Shortly after the school opened, his wife and daughter were kidnapped. The only real clue was a mocking riddle listing methods of murder, signed with the frightening pseudonym, Truly Devious. It became one of the great unsolved crimes of American history.
True-crime aficionado Stevie Bell is set to begin her first year at Ellingham Academy, and she has an ambitious plan: She will solve this cold case. That is, she will solve the case when she gets a grip on her demanding new school life and her housemates: the inventor, the novelist, the actor, the artist, and the jokester. But something strange is happening. Truly Devious makes a surprise return, and death revisits Ellingham Academy. The past has crawled out of its grave. Someone has gotten away with murder.

DEATH NOTE V.1 by TSUGUMI OHBA

This is a lend from my brother, who has (I think?) all volumes of the black edition. I watched the anime a while ago, and I loved it. I think I watched it from start to end in about two weeks or so. Considering I was in college at this time, I think that was pretty fast. That just shows how much I liked it. And now that my brother bought the mangas, I saw my chance to read them. I am just beginning to read it, but I am already liking it a lot. The art by Takeshi Obata is amazing, and it is really similar to the one seen in the anime. It easy and quick to read and the vocabulary isn't really complex. A must read for any fan of the anime!
SYNOPSIS
Light Yagami is an ace student with great prospects--and he’s bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. Will Light's noble goal succeed, or will the Death Note turn him into the very thing he fights against?

A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN by SARAH J. MAAS

After finishing A Court of Mist and Fury, all I wanted was to read this book. I bought it on my Kindle about a week ago, and I have not been able to finish the first chapter. I just think the beginning is really slow-paced, and every time I pick up the book I get distracted by something else (mostly, other books). I really want to love this book, just like I loved ACOMAF and ACOTAR. But I have hope since I have read about 2% of the book.
SYNOPSIS 
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.
As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

You May Also Like

2 comments